Even if you never go a day without brushing and flossing your teeth, regular, professional teeth cleanings can do a lot for your dental hygiene and wellness. Professional dental cleanings produce more than just a brighter, cleaner smile. They’re also an important part of preventive dentistry, keeping your smile free from dental decay and gum disease.
Making a Healthy Smile at Advanced Dentistry by Design
Routine dental cleanings are an important part of your dental care plan. Our dental practice offers patients effective, detail-oriented cleaning appointments twice a year to support everyday dental hygiene regimens and keep teeth healthy and beautiful. Our friendly dental team performs cleanings on patients of all ages, personalizing treatment to every unique smile.
Dental cleaning appointments at Advanced Dentistry by Design also include a thorough examination, strengthening treatments, and important scans to view your smile from all angles and customize your treatment to suit your needs and dental goals.
Dental Hygiene for a Long-lasting Smile
Though significant dental issues are commonly associated with seniors, many diseases and conditions can affect patients of any age. The most effective way to ward off gum disease and dental decay is to practice excellent dental hygiene. A good preventive routine can prevent the development of diseases and conditions:
- Periodontal disease.
- Oral infections.
- Cavities and decay.
- Tooth stains and discoloration.
- Plaque and tartar buildup.
At Advanced Dentistry by Design, we can answer any questions you have about your dental hygiene regimen and make recommendations based on your dental goals.
What Is a Dental Health Scan?
Some dental issues can be difficult to detect with the naked eye, and often do not produce any irritating symptoms or discomfort. Dental health screenings look for dental health problems by using special tools and technology to do the following:
- Inspect for signs of dental decay.
- Screen your gums for signs of disease.
- Take x-ray scans to check deeper dental regions.
- Polish your teeth and remove harmful plaque.
- Check for oral cancer.
Each dental health scan is geared toward the individual patient. We make sure to perform the right diagnostic tests to best support your dental health.
Dental Hygiene and Regular Cleanings
Your cleaning appointment will be performed by one of our qualified dental hygienists. Our professionals utilize precise tools and professional-grade solutions to clean your teeth one step at a time.
- At the start of your appointment, our team will perform an exam using a small mirror and a light to look around for obvious dental concerns.
- Then, your hygienist uses a special scaler to remove plaque from between your teeth and around your gum line.
- Gritty toothpaste is applied to a powerful electric toothbrush to brush away plaque and polish any remaining tartar from the surface of your teeth.
- After brushing, the hygienist will thoroughly floss between your teeth, noticing any tender areas in your gums and spots you may regularly miss at home.
- Finally, you will rinse with water or fluoride solution to remove particles, protect your teeth, and reveal a cleaner, sparklier smile.
Following your appointment, we’ll send you home with hygiene tips and dentist-approved solutions to maintain your cleaning results and prevent plaque from accumulating between visits.
Cleaning Your Teeth Effectively and Efficiently
You can support your dental health daily by practicing excellent oral hygiene at home. However, the professional techniques and solutions we employ at our practice are more powerful than the average home dental hygiene regimen. As soon as your teeth develop hardened plaque and tartar, only a professional cleaning can effectively remove it.
Our staff is uniquely trained to brush away stubborn plaque in hard-to-reach areas with high-frequency brushes and polishing pastes. It’s important to remove plaque and buildup that could lead to dental decay and infection.
When Should My Kids Start Visiting the Dentist?
A comprehensive dental health scan is recommended every six months as soon as a patient reaches the age of four. These exams make sure that your little one’s teeth are in good condition and free from dental conditions that could lead to greater problems if left untreated.
Contact Us Today To Find Out How We Can Improve Your Oral Health!
Dental cleanings play an important role in safeguarding your smile from decay and disease. Call our San Jose dental office to schedule an appointment for a routine or deep dental cleaning today.