If you’re missing a tooth or teeth, we have a replacement treatment with one of the highest success rates in dentistry: dental implants. This is the process of getting a permanent new tooth root and either one new tooth or several at once.
A tooth implant feels natural and stable with your other teeth. Plus, we can use several implants to hold a dental bridge or to secure the best dentures you’ve ever worn.
Amazingly, the dental implant process leaves you with new tooth roots that will last the rest of your life! They have high value because you can continue using them with a variety of restorations, such as crowns, bridges, and dentures.
If you want to repair or revitalize your smile, contact Advanced Dentistry by Design in San Jose for a FREE dental implants consultation.
How The Dental Implants Process Works
What are dental implants, exactly? They are new tooth roots made out of one of the most durable of metals—titanium. Here’s what happens when you get one:
- Consultation and Exam: You discuss your needs with the dentist and ask any questions. The dental team evaluates your oral, dental, and overall health.
- Scanning: We use visible light and dental x-rays to ensure your jaw is ready for an implant.
- Dental Surgery: During a quick procedure, the dentist places the new root into the jaw.
- Integration: Over a period of time at home, the implant will join with the jawbone through a natural process, forming a lifelong bond.
- Restoration: We’ll place a new tooth crown on your implant (connected using an implant abutment). It’ll look just right with the rest of your smile. Or you can get two or more implants to support an appliance holding several new teeth or even whole rows of teeth.
An exciting fact about implant surgery: It boasts the highest success rate of all dental surgeries at about a 95% rate of working in all patients.
Advantages of Dental Implants
There are even more advantages you’ll get from implant surgery, beyond getting a new tooth. They include:
- Stronger Bones: When you’re missing a tooth, the jawbone under the empty socket deteriorates. But a dental implant naturally stimulates the jawbone to grow again.
- Staying Out of Sight: Having a lightweight implant permanently hidden under your gum line means people won’t notice it’s there. You might even forget about it yourself.
- Multiple Uses: Implants can hold dental crowns, bridges, and implant-supported dentures.
- Lasting a Lifetime: How long do dental implants last? Because they become part of the jawbone, you get your implants one time and then use them for the rest of your life.
- Durability: Titanium never wears out. It’s extremely strong. Plus, it’s biocompatible, meaning it does not interfere with bodily systems.
- Convenience: An implant and restoration are just as easy to brush and floss as your natural teeth. Plus, they don’t ever need root canals or fillings.
- Quality Dentures: Patients who’ve tried both traditional dentures and implant-supported say implants make their dentures more stable, comfortable, and convenient. They never slip out of place, and they don’t cling to the gums.
- Value: After the initial cost of the implant surgery, patients can keep using the implant for decades! They’re so long-lasting, they end up being an incredible value for the price.
Out of all tooth replacement options, implants are at or near the top. If you need new teeth, we can help you through the process, which is quick and relatively painless. Call now for an implants consultation.
Accelerated Treatment and Guided Implant Surgery
Traditionally, dental implants require several months to integrate with the jawbone and be ready to use. But with an accelerated treatment, you can repair your smile much faster.
Maybe you’ve been injured and need an emergency dentist or you want a quick repair to stop the disruption to your life. Either way, an accelerated treatment can quickly take you through:
- An exam and scans
- Extractions, when needed
- Implant surgery
- Tooth replacement
We use newer protocols to keep these dental implant steps as short and efficient as possible when we need to fix teeth fast.
Guided Implant Surgery
We may also use surgical guides during the tooth implant process. That means we build small, customized tools before your surgery. They are based on the scans of your unique teeth.
A guide may look similar to a retainer. During surgery, your dentist may place them over your teeth to ensure the implant is in the correct position—for long-term success and comfort.
Call Advanced Dentistry by Design for a FREE Implants Consultation
At our local dentist office in San Jose, we’re a one-stop shop for your complete implant procedure, from consultation to implant placement to tooth restoration.
Whether you need a front tooth implant, same-day dental implants, fixed dentures, or other types of dental implants, we can take you through the process in one location.
Just call Advanced Dentistry by Design to schedule your FREE implants consultation. There’s no obligation beyond that, and you’ll gain valuable information about the next steps that will be healthy for you. Call 408-258-5054 now.