If you need a replacement tooth or teeth, let’s discuss dental implants. We’ll tell you all about the dental implant process here. Plus, you can get a FREE implants consultation at Advanced Dentistry by Design. Contact us today to learn more!
Understanding the Dental Implants Process
How do you get a tooth implant? When you visit the local dentist office in San Jose, we’ll start you with a consultation and exam with the family dentist. This involves:
- A Professional Exam: Your dentist will perform a thorough checkup of your dental health to make sure you’re ready for an implant procedure.
- Complimentary Scan: You’ll get free dental x-rays to see if your jawbone is ready for an implant.
- Records Check: We may also look through your dental and medical records, making sure your body is ready for implant surgery.
- Discussion: We leave time for you to ask questions about upcoming dental implant steps, prices, timeframes, and more.
If you’re a good candidate, we’ll give you the option to move forward with the tooth implant process.
Dental Implant Surgery
The dental surgery for placing an implant in the jawbone has a 95% success rate. It’s one of the most reliable dental services available. It’s nothing to worry about.
Rather than going to a different dental specialist, your dentist and team here at Advanced Dentistry by Design will:
- Give you anesthesia and any sedation dentistry needed.
- Place a titanium tooth root into your jaw.
- Use 3D scans of your jaw for precise placement.
- Sometimes use customized surgical guide devices for precise placement.
How long does a dental implant procedure take? Only about an hour. Then, we’ll send you home with instructions for staying as comfortable as possible.
Abutment and Crown Placement
Before we can put new teeth on your implant, it will take about 2–4 months for the implant to bond naturally with your jawbone. We can use temporary replacement teeth to fill out your smile until then.
Once your implant is permanently integrated in your jaw, it’ll be there for a lifetime. If you’re getting a single new tooth implant and tooth replacement, these are the three parts:
- Your Implant: A new tooth root made of biocompatible, durable metal.
- The Implant Abutment: A platform attached to the implant post, giving your new tooth something to rest on.
- Your Crown: This is the new tooth. We customize the shape and color to fit in with the rest of your smile exactly, using high-quality materials that look and feel like a real tooth.
If you need several new teeth, we might place two or more implants to support a larger appliance, such as a dental bridge or implant-supported dentures.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
Each dental implant is made of durable metal, such as titanium, which will last the rest of your life. It is naturally compatible with your body’s systems.
This is an investment in your health you can use forever. Attach a single dental crown today, a dental bridge to replace a few teeth later, and fixed dentures in your golden years.
What Kind of Dentist Places Dental Implants?
Our general family dentists at the dental clinic are trained and experienced in implant surgery. That’s convenient because you don’t need an appointment anywhere else.
At Advanced Dentistry by Design, we perform your scans, surgery preparation, implant procedure, and tooth restoration, along with follow-up appointments. Call now to get your first appointment for FREE.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
Implant and tooth restoration costs vary because of different materials used and variations in the service. The final price includes the implant posts, the surgery, and the tooth restoration.
You might not pay the full amount quoted, though. We can help you check with your insurance and other sources to reduce dental implant costs to you.
For Quality Dental Implant Placement, Contact Our Office Today!
If you need a new tooth or teeth, the first risk-free step is to contact Advanced Dentistry by Design for a FREE implant consultation. You’ll get complimentary x-rays, a professional exam, and more at your first appointment without paying anything.
Plus, there’s no obligation to buy. Ask your questions and get our recommendation, then decide if you’re interested in moving forward. We can even help you understand costs and payment options.
Just call 408-258-5054 for a FREE appointment in a friendly and professional environment.