Our smile is often the first thing people notice. When you’re missing teeth, it can be difficult to interact with others, chew thoroughly, or speak clearly. Not only can tooth loss diminish your self-esteem, but it can also lead to oral bone loss, heart disease, and strokes. Our skilled and compassionate team at Advanced Dentistry by Design can restore and revive your smile with custom, high-quality dentures. Our dentures will help you say good-bye to a toothless smile and hello to new and improved pearly whites!
Risks Associated with Tooth Loss
Tooth loss can have negative effects on your physical health and wellbeing. According to the American College of Cardiology, adults who experience tooth loss due to nontraumatic reasons may be at a higher risk for heart attacks and strokes. One of the leading causes of tooth loss is periodontal disease (gum disease), which is why regular dental checkups are essential. Comprehensive dental exams and teeth cleanings at Advanced Dentistry by Design allow Dr. Woodlief to monitor your oral health and check for early signs of infection and disease.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures preserve your oral health so you can enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile for years to come. Here are five ways dentures can improve your quality of life:
- Improve your speech – Our teeth aren’t just for chewing; they also play a vital role in speech development and how we communicate with others. If you have teeth missing, it may be difficult to speak clearly and pronounce certain words. Dentures replace the missing teeth so you can speak clearly with confidence.
- Increase your chewing ability – Dentures improve your ability to chew food so you can enjoy your favorite foods again.
- Enhance your smile – With a high-quality, customized set of dentures, your teeth will look, feel, and function just like your real teeth. Our dentures are so natural-looking that people won’t even realize you’re wearing a dental prosthetic.
- Boost your self-confidence – Restoring your smile will make you feel more confident and influence the way you see yourself and the ways other people see you. Our dentures fit snugly in your mouth, so you don’t have to worry about them moving around or falling out.
- Make you look younger – Missing teeth can age your face, adding years to your face. Dentures fill out your face and preserve your facial structure so you can look and feel younger and happier.
Call Us for Custom Dentures in San Jose, CA
Our team at Advanced Dentistry by Design masterfully restores smiles across San Jose and beyond. If you have any questions about dentures or would like to schedule a consultation, please call us at (408) 258-5054.
We look forward to helping you revive your smile!