If you've ever dreamed of having a "Hollywood" smile, but you thought it was out of reach of your budget, you should know that cosmetic dentistry is no longer just for the Hollywood elite. Instead, treatments like dental bonding can help you achieve your goals and dreams for your smile without breaking the bank.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Much like porcelain veneers, dental bonding can help repair minor cosmetic concerns you may have about your smile, such as:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Tooth stains or discoloration
- Spaces between teeth
- Oddly shaped teeth
Dental bonding uses composite resin to restore your smile, which is the same material that your San Jose dentist uses for dental fillings. Composite resin is durable and customizable, so your dentist can match it to your teeth and seamlessly blend it with your smile.
Bonding also tends to be less expensive than other cosmetic dental procedures, and it's quick. Your dentist can often complete dental bonding during one visit.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Dental veneers fix the same issues as bonding; however, there are some significant differences between the treatments like:
- Veneers are thin slivers of porcelain that fit over your tooth and bond directly to it.
- Since veneers bond to your tooth, they can change its size, shape, and shade for a complete smile redesign.
- Veneers are considered a permanent treatment because your dentist removes a small amount of enamel to ensure your veneers fit properly.
- Dental veneers are handcrafted in a dental lab, so they tend to be more expensive than bonding and require more time (two appointments) to complete.
Veneers are capable of giving you the bright, beautiful, camera-ready smile you've always dreamed of!
Would You Like to Learn More About Cosmetic Dentistry in San Jose?
If you're thinking about enhancing your smile, your team at Advanced Dentistry by Design would love to talk with you! Our dentists have helped hundreds of patients achieve their smile goals, and we can help you too. So call (408) 258-5054 and take the next steps towards your new smile!